My favorite time of the year is when it is warm enough to be outside. I’m not sure where you live but where I live, I experience all four seasons every year. In fact right now, we should be headed into a very warm summer, however, instead we have been experiencing colder temperatures with rain.
That, however, has not stopped me from spending the majority of our days outside. Someday we may have a nicer set up but for now, we have a fire pit, four chairs, a grill, and a patio that we use to keep ourselves busy and relaxing on the warm days (and sometimes the cold).
Recently we stopped by our Sam’s Club to purchase some items to use for a barbecue dinner. It was not until recently that I actually started using the grill without my husband around (I know, ridiculous) and now that I’ve started, I seem to not be able to stop. My husband frequently comes home from work to the smell of grilling and is always shocked that I already have the grill going.
While at Sam’s Club though, I found Simply Lemonade® and knew immediately that this was going to make one delicious dinner. I also bought some chicken, vegetables, and vanilla ice cream.
I ended up making some skewers to compliment my Simply Lemonade. It was so delicious.
When it came to the Simply Lemonade, I had no doubt how I would use it. It is such a great replacement for homemade lemonade and I love that it has no added preservatives colors or artificial flavors.
Now onto the recipes. As always, we like to make our recipes as simple as possible because we are moms, we get it, and know that there is not always time in the day to spend hours creating the perfect dish. This meal, however, does taste like you spent hours on it and if it happens anything like our friends and family, they will eat every last drop of this meal.
The frosted lemonade is crazy easy.
I combined some ingredients in a measuring cup.
And then mixed the ingredients really well until it was smooth. Then I poured it into a cup and enjoyed!
Frosted Lemonade Recipe
- 1 cup Simply Lemonade (you can use any flavor)
- 1/8 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
1. Combine Simply Lemonade with sugar in a cup.
2. Stir in vanilla ice cream until smooth.
3. Serve immediately and enjoy.
Lemon Honey Chicken Skewers
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon or Simply Lemonade (lemon flavored)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- vegetables for grilling (we used tomatoes, mushrooms, and zucchini)
1. Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces. Try to make as uniform as possible to create even cooking.
2. Combine lemon, honey, salt, and garlic in a bowl. Mix together.
3. In a large bowl, combine lemon mix, chicken, and vegetables. Make sure that it is all mixed together well and evenly.
4. Optional, place ingredients into the refrigerator and allow to marinate for 2-4 hours. The longer it marinates, the more flavor there will be. (We let it sit for only 30 minutes this time but enjoy letting it sit for a longer period of time to enhance the flavor.)
5. Heat grill to 350°F. Place skewers onto grill and allow to cook for 8-10 minutes, flipping once half way through and apply more of the marinade to skewers if necessary. Time may vary so make sure to watch the meat carefully.
When I was at Sam’s Club, I found the Simply Lemonade in the refrigerated section on an end. The item’s location may differ at your Sam’s Club but be sure to check out the Simply Lemonade at Sam’s Club!
What will you do with your Simply Lemonade from Sam’s Club?