I’ve always liked sports. I’m a competitive person and so sports are something that really feed that crazy side of me.
If you know me, you would know I can be a bit over the top. If you’re an acquaintance, you probably think I’m reserved and respectful. If you’ve ever played a game with me where I’m not holding back, you’d know that winning is the most important thing to me.
But don’t worry. When it comes to my kids and I playing, I keep my cool. Sometimes I feel upset inside when they win and I lose but it doesn’t happen often.
When my husband and I were dating, he saw the real me. I’d get angry and storm out when I lost. It was bad. I think it has stopped him from playing games with me so I’ve tried to hold back frustration and in the last few years I’ve really learned how to enjoy the game. Unfortunately, I’m a serial game player. I can play some games all day and not ever feel the need to stop. My husband is good with one round and is ready to move on in life.
I found that I was decent at tennis in my youth but looking back on it, I see how my frustration and anger helped me lose a lot of games when I reached high school. I’d get upset at one thing and it would all be downhill from there. If I could go back and do it all over again, I think I’d go to therapy to get more in control of my life and learn how to keep my cool.
Now days, though, I love playing sports. I get tired a lot faster but it’s still fun to get out with my kids and play a bit. But today we’re focusing on the sports I’ll never play.
10 Sports I’ll Never Play
1. Water Polo. In case you didn’t read about the exciting things I’ll never do, I’m horrified of drowning which stops me from a lot of fun things. Water polo is one of them.
2. Rugby. Do girls even play this sport? I hate falling so it’s not something I could do.
3. Football. It’s hard to keep my attention long enough to watch a 3 1/2 hour football game. I can’t imagine playing it … not that I’d make it to professional football anyway, but you know, I’m just covering my grounds.
4. Fencing. Apparently my husband fenced back in the day. He still remembers things and shows things to our kids but it’s just not for me.
5. Ice Hockey. There’s something about me and ice and ice skates that just don’t mesh well. I think I hold on tighter to my husband’s hand than my kids do while we’re ice skating.
6. Gymnastics. I am way less flexible than my husband so that right there is a good reason I won’t ever do gymnastics. As a kid, I landed on my back multiple times a day trying to teach myself to do flips on the grass. I even sprained my wrist trying to do one-handed cartwheels. Yeah. I was hardcore. Now I’m just realistic.
7. Luge. It’s always looked fun but I don’t know why I’d ever try it. I’m almost 100% positive that I’d pee my pants while going down.
8. Wrestling. I’m a tiny, little lady. It’s just too scary.
9. Jousting. Although, that’s not to say that I haven’t watched jousting at our local Medieval Festivals over the years.
10. Lacrosse. I don’t remember many people playing lacrosse in high school but once I went to college, apparently it was a big deal. Even my roommate played lacrosse.
So which sports will you never play?