The holidays are such a great time of year to spend time with family. Growing up we had a couple of traditions surrounding Christmas but as I am an only child and maybe traditions weren’t as important to my parents, there isn’t a whole lot to talk about. Sometimes we’d visit family, sometimes we’d go see Christmas lights on Christmas Eve, sometimes we’d go out to eat on Christmas, and sometimes not much was happening. However the case, it really wasn’t that big of a deal to me so it probably was not a big deal to my parents.
As my husband and I have begun raising our family, we’re realizing that traditions for our children are important. They look forward to doing some of the same things each year and are anxious to incorporate some of the traditional activities into our holiday planning.
One of my favorite traditions is hot cocoa. I’m still hoping for a fireplace for our house someday because that just seems ideal – to sit near a fire and drink hot cocoa but for now, I enjoy making up some cups of hot cocoa and watching a movie as a family or just sitting at the table, talking to the kids. It reminds me of what the holidays are about to me: family. I love spending time with my husband and children and I love those moments we can share over a mug of hot cocoa. I love watching the kids laugh at some of our favorite holiday movies. I love sharing a cup of hot cocoa at the table while we talk about life and plans and we share what we’re thinking. I know it does not mean a lot to my children yet, but it’s a tradition that I hope can live on and become a part of my children’s traditions with their families.
We choose Stephen’s Gourmet Hot Cocoa. In my youth, my mom always bought Stephen’s Gourmet Hot Cocoa and and I’m sharing the delicious flavors with my children. Some of Stephen’s Gourmet signature cocoa flavors include:
- Salted Caramel
- Mint Truffle
- Dark Chocolate
Dark Chocolate is probably my favorite although there are so many delicious flavors that we rotate and have tried many of them, if not all of them. To see all of our delicious and unique cocoa flavors visit: https://www.indulgentfoods.com/ or visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/StephensGourmet/.
Another great thing about Stephen’s Gourmet Cocoa is that it can be used for gifts, served at parties, used to warm up after being outside, and can even be added to recipes to make your recipes even more delicious!
Ways to Create Holiday Memories
If you haven’t thought of ways to create holiday memories with your families yet or even if you have and want a few more ideas, consider these 5 simple things:
- What makes you happy? This may seem like a silly one but it is important that you are happy at this time of year. If you’re not happy, chances are your family won’t be happy either.
- What makes your family happy? I know that sometimes I drag my children to things because we do them every year and it makes me happy but all too often we leave that fun, exciting thing each year grumpy because the kids didn’t actually have fun. I knew they wouldn’t like it yet I made them go anyway.
- What things are easy to do each year? Things like making hot cocoa each year are simple. It does not take a lot of time and/or effort making it a fun, relaxing, enjoyable activity year after year.
- How will you make these moments special? It’s easy to give my kids a cup of hot cocoa and tell them to enjoy it. What makes it special is that we sit down and spend time together. We all drink the hot cocoa and make memories.
- Will your family want to continue? This is an important one. Like I mentioned, at times we do things because I want to do them but it’s important to get input from the whole family. Sometimes the answer from my kids is “no, I don’t want to continue,” yet the following year they are eager to do the tradition again. I’m learning to take their lead and make sure the season is about family and including and considering everyone’s opinions to help everyone be as happy as possible.
Stephen’s Gourmet Hot Cocoa Giveaway
Enter to win a year’s supply of Stephen’s! We’re giving away 15, one-pound cans of our delicious, one-of-a-kind cocoa to a very lucky winner! What’s more, you get to choose which of our 22 flavors you’d like to try! From bestselling classics (like Candycane and Mint Truffle), to our newest creations (including Old Fashioned Chocolate Malt, English Toffee, and Salted Caramel), the choice is yours!