This post may contain affiliate links. Please view our disclosure statement.
This is hands down, by far, the best caramel popcorn recipe that I have ever found. This recipe takes about an hour and a half to make but it’s worth it. In our house, we call it “Crack Corn” because once you start eating it, it’s hard to stop. It is light and airy and has an amazing flavor!
This caramel popcorn recipe is one we make for social gatherings around the holidays and as gifts for neighbors. One neighbor received a small bag from us and was shocked when she came to the bottom of the bag. She texted me right away and said, “I need more Crack Corn!” and asked for the recipe. This caramel popcorn recipe is by far the most asked for recipe that I have ever made.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (95 degrees C).
- Make popcorn and put into one very large bowl or two large bowls.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir brown sugar into butter. Add in corn syrup and salt and stir.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Once the mixture is boiling, let boil without stirring for 4 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla. Pour the mixture over the popcorn, stirring to coat.
- Place in two large shallow baking dishes and bake in preheated oven, mixing every 15 minutes, for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before breaking into pieces.
Recipe from All Recipes.